Us...

Us...
Thank you for coming along on our wonderful journey! We hope you ENJOY THE RIDE!!!

Monday, July 4, 2011

Fourth of Jully '11 Weekend Recap

This weekend was amazing! The hubby and I went off to Orlando for the weekend and we truly had a FABULOUS time. We left Friday night after work and checked in to the hotel. It was still relatively early so we went to CitiWalk, a small shopping and dining district. We walked around and had Moe's for dinner. It was a great way to end our day.
On Saturday we went to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. We have been there quite a few times because we are lucky enough to be annual passholders but this time was so different. We often go with friends and this time we went alone. We've gone alone before but this time FELT different... and it was AWESOME!
Here are some pictures from the day...
Here I am... pretending to be a big-time movie director!
Here's my handsome hubby... he makes a much better director that I do!
Jumping pictures are the BEST. I like the "Hop" background.
My hubby LOVED these cars, from the Fast & Furious Flicks.
Am I the luckiest girl in the world... or what?
We were sooooooo tired, and so full of heat exhaustion, that we decided to take a break from the outdoors and went to watch a movie. Transformers 3 to be exact. The hubby liked it... I... not so much. After the movie we went to Harry Potter's World in Islands of Adventure where we had some butterbeer and soft serve ice cream. We finished the night with a quick dinner at Panda Express and went back to our hotel.

Sunday we were so tired and over-heated from the day before that we decided to take it easy. We strolled around the city of Orlando, had lunch, visited the shopping malls and really just relaxed. We did manage to sneak in another movie, we saw "The Green Lantern" and actually liked it. At least I liked it better than Transformers.

Today, we got all decked out in our Fourth of July best and went out for an all-American lunch. We left right away with hopes to make it down to our hometown on time for fireworks. I asked the hubby if we could stop by H&M at a mall about half-way home and he nicely obliged... but when we got there we found out that they were closing in 20 minutes. I had been having trouble with my iphone for quite some time so instead of shopping at H&M we decided to go over to the Apple store to try to get it replaced. After begging and pleading we found a kind Apple dude that put us on a special list and I was able to get my phone replaced for the third time in the past few weeks (that's a post for a different day!). I'll have to ask the hubby to take me back to go shopping... they had some pretty cute dresses for less than 15 dollars! We never made it to the fireworks but we did get to hang out together and watch some true blood.

Ok so that's all I've got for the recap. I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to spend time with the most important man in my life.

Happily yours,

Mrs. Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment