Us...

Us...
Thank you for coming along on our wonderful journey! We hope you ENJOY THE RIDE!!!

Friday, February 22, 2013

Daddies and Birthdays!

L's sweet daddy turns 34 today. What a great number. You want to know why it's a great number? Because 33 was amazing. The most important age in Jesus' life was also the most important age in my dear husband's life. The significance of God's presence in our life was so amazing. God gave us our son in a way that we never thought would be possible. Not only did he bless us with the light of our eyes, but we started the paperwork on my husband's birthday last year. February 22 will no longer just be my husband's birthday, it will be a day I put my husband up on a pedestal for giving the gift of eternal love.

My husband is the kindest human being you will ever meet. Gosh if you ever get lucky enough to meet him he will leave a footprint in your heart. He is kind, generous and has a gigantic heart. Shane is a people person, he will take the shirt off his back for a stranger. Imagine the things he does for those he loves.

I am lucky to be growing old with him. Although, of course, I see him as a lover, he is way more than that. He is my best friend, my confidante, the light of my eyes. Shane is the person I run to when I am sad, happy, anxious, scared. He always knows how to calm me down, he knows to tell me things will be alright... and somehow they always are.

Shane has the ability to look beyond whatever is going on right now and make things better. Even on days when we have found ourselves with $87 to our name and a million bills to pay and formula to buy, he has stood there and with his feet firmly planted on the ground and his faith in God he has told me that it WILL be ok... and then it IS OK. How he does it, I don't know. I don't want to know. I have him to save me, and that's all that matters.

My husband is the rock of my little family. Even though my personality is stronger and I tend to be more of a "tough" girl, he is gentle and caring. He is the manliest man I have ever met, yet the sweetest. He is not afraid to show emotion and tell us that he loves us. He will hold my hand and kiss me on a stage full of a million spectators. He will offer to change his son's diapers and gets upset when the men's bathroom doesn't have a changing pad. He loves to cook and do household chores and he would love to be a stay at home dad.

My AMAZING SUPER HUSBAND is one of a kind and I am the luckiest woman in the world for having him in my life.

And now I have to go, because he'll be home any second and I have to dedicate the rest of the weekend to show him how lucky I am because I am his wife.

Talk to you soon!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment